Okay, so I went to church the last two weeks. I haven't been for the last three months. I feel like I am at the age that I didn't feel the need to go and I didn't feel the need to go either. I enjoy going to see all the people that I grew up going to church with. HOWEVER, our minister is a horrible, horrible man. Not only is he bad at his job but he is just an asshole. I am pretty sure that he thinks that he is "God's gift to Man". I will give him the benefit that he does know his stuff when it comes to religion and theology. Anyway our message this week at church included and I kid you not. Senator Grassley (R-Iowa), The ministers health, and the war. Now our message was called "Preservation"; I would like to know if anyone can figure out how those three topics fit into preservation. Because of all the people at church that I talked to couldn't figure it out.
Also on the topic of church I got more out of the children's message than I got out of the one that I was supposed to be listening to. Anyway Thanksgiving isn't all about the turkey. It's about being thankful for the things we have. Just like that Indians (Native Americans) and the Pilgrims did when they had their first good year of crops. And I can say that I can relate to that being a farm kid and having a very, very good harvest. You can't beat selling your Corn for $4.00 per bushel and Soybeans for $10.00 per bushel. Farming is a very good life right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment