Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Subway Art Canvas

This was a super easy project.  My first step was to find canvases at my favorite craft store (aka: Hobby Lobby).  The ones that I used originally had different prints on them.  I then painted them off-white with an interior satin paint that I had laying around. 

This was my inspiration piece.

Next was to determine which quotes I wanted to use.

After I had printed my quotes out on regular printer paper. I ran them through a Zyron to make the backs sticky.  After much cutting out of the letters I began to attach them to the canvases.  I used my sewing ruler to draw the lines on to make sure everything was centered and even.  (Don't worry about the lines you won't see them under the black.)

Ready for black paint.  I used a cheap matte black spray paint from Wal-Mart to spray the canvases. I figured it would be easier to spray and not worry about the paint seeping under the letters.

Three light coats of paint and some dry time later.  It was time to start peeling the letters.  I just used my fingernails to do this. 

After products.

Now they are hung in my spare bedroom.  Easy art that didn't cost much of anything.

(Sorry for the blurry pics they were taken with my phone)

No comments:

Post a Comment